These two high school sweethearts finally tied the knot after a two and a half year engagement. The couple was married at Creekwood Garden in Rogers, Arkansas in a simple, outdoor ceremony and reception. They hoped to share their love of nature with close friends and family on this eco friendly wedding day. Jessica and Michael incorporated natural elements in the décor, and took measures to reduce waste, and chose local organic foods and flowers to reduce the environmental impact of the celebration. This wedding as an opportunity for the bride and groom to share their creativity and to show their family and friends how much they love and appreciate them with a special and fun day.
The wedding party prepared for the wedding day at Downtown Bentonville Cottages, in Bentonville, Arkansas. This is the perfect setting for any wedding day preparation. I was blow away by how beautifully decorated these cottages were. It's like Martha Stewart and At Home magazine collaborated on the perfect get away in Bentonville. Truly a spectacle with no detail going unnoticed.
Jessica’s dress began its life as a gown from BHLDN, and Thuy Nguyen in Madison, Wisconsin helped her transform it into the gown that she had been dreaming of.
The pews at the outdoor ceremony were from the small country church that Jessica’s family has attended for generations. When the church was blessed with new pews, the old ones that had been built by members of the community have been given a new life at Creekwood Gardens.
"To honor the importance of our community of friends and family, we included a handfasting, where we asked each of our wedding guests to help us ‘tie the knot’ with a ribbon symbolizing the blessing, love, and hope of each person for us as we journey through life together. It was so special to have a moment with each of our guests as they tied their ribbon and gave us their blessings. We felt truly loved." - the bride Jessica
At the end of the ceremony guests threw samaras, maple seeds that whirl like helicopters as they fall, the reminded the bride and groom of their back yard in Madison, WI.
Jessica and Michael love gardening, cooking, and creating together. So they brewed their our own beer for the wedding – ‘I Do Brew’ Belgian Triple, Ring Bearer’s Coffee Stout, and the ‘Ale You Need is Love’ American pale ale.
The couple home made blueberry, strawberry, and mulberry jam as thank you gifts for their guests!
- Reception and Ceremony Venue: Creekwood Gardens Rogers, AR
- Bride’s Dress: BHLDN Gown reimagined by Thuy Nguyen in Madison, Wisconsin
- Bride’s Shoes: Birkenstocks
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: J. Crew, BHLDN
- Bridesmaid’s Shoes: Birkenstocks
- Hair / Salon: Bride, maids, and mother, hair by District Salon in Bentonville, AR Victoria Forester
- Jewelry: Michael Michaud, Silver Seasons Collection
- Wedding Rings: Custom designed by Christopher Duquet, Evanston, IL
- Groom’s Suit: Proper Suit
- Groom’s Shoes: Allen Edmonds
- Groomsmen Suits: Vests and slacks from Express Men, Ties from The Tie Bar
- Pie: Lo’s Sweets and Treats in Fayetteville, AR, which has recently become The Pie Hole in Little Rock, AR
- Florist: Dripping Springs Gardens in Huntsville, AR
- Caterer: Greenhouse Grille
- Event Rentals: Somthin Borrowed, Rogers, AR and Intents Party Rental, Fayetteville, AR
- Event Lighting: Intents Party Rental, Fayetteville, AR
- Invitations: Whoa Nellie Press on Etsy.com
- Jessica + Michael | Creekwood Gardens Wedding | Rogers, AR