Van Buren Arkansas Wedding Photography | Emily + Devon
We were honored to be a part of their special day this May when High School sweethearts Emily and Devon were married in Van Buren Arkansas. Because Emily and Devon wanted the wedding to be a very personal celebration, they collected as many antiques and other special pieces as possible from family members to use as decorations. Throughout the day the couple was surrounded by things belonging to people that helped shape them into who they are.
Before the ceremony, Emily had her grandpa's tie wrapped around the base of her bouquet and grandmother's rings carefully sewn on to the fabric and a lucky penny that her mom had on her wedding day. The couple exchanged their vows in front of a wooden backdrop made from pieces of Devon's own grandfather's barn. Continuing through the day and in to reception, guests were able to pass by a table full of photos and memorabilia from Emily and Devon's parents weddings and honoring family who couldn't be there.
Emily filled in any decorating gaps after exhausting her antique and family resources by purchasing only what could be reused to decorate her new home with Devon. Now they both can be reminded of the commitment they made to one another each time they look around their house.
Emily used her Grandpa's tie for the handle of the bouquet and stitched her Grandma's wedding rings on it. We love the sentimental value as well as how beautiful and unique it looks with the white hydrangeas and red ranunculus.
Devon built this amazing back drop for the ceremony from repurposed wood, originally part of his Grandfather's barn.
- Bride’s Dress: Beau’s Bridal
- Bride’s Shoes: Dillard’s
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: BingBridal (Etsy)
- Makeup Artist: Summer Shook
- Hair / Salon: Summer Shook
- Jewelry: Crystal Avenues (Etsy)
- Wedding Rings: Zales and Kay Jewelers
- Groom’s Tux: The Gamut, Ft. Smith, Arkansas
- Groomsmen Tuxes: The Gamut, Ft. Smith, Arkansas
- Cakes: Delightful Bites, Greenwood, Arkansas
- Florist: Sherry Hayes
- Entertainment: The Coon Supper Boys, Chuck and Louann King
- Caterer: Delightful Bites, Greenwood, Arkansas
- Event Rentals: Celebrations, Ft. Smith, Arkansas
- Invitations: Shutterfly