Good Morning Photo Love followers and Happy September. In honor of the new month we thought we'd blog another wedding for you all to see! Ashley and Derrick's June wedding was a fun, whimsically elegant event at The Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch! The most important thing for Ashely and Derrick was to provide a fun and laid back atmosphere since most of their guests drove at least 2 hours to be there! Ashley and Derrick both come from very small towns, and wanted to live up to their “Barn Wedding” theme. They served BBQ, Beer out of Mason Jars and the Bridal Party played Flip-Cup while waiting for the festivities to begin!
Plenty of unique details and sweet personal touches filled the area during their wedding day at The Barn. Instead of a unity candle, Ashley and Derrick went with a Wine Box Ceremony. They wrote letters to each other the night before the wedding. During the ceremony they placed the letters and a bottle of wine inside of a personalized box and nailed it shut. Ashley tells us that the theory behind it is to open the box on their one year anniversary or during their first big fight...Whichever comes first!
Ashley tells us that their big day "went of without a hitch" and things couldn't have possibly gone better!
Photo Love was so happy to be a part of this fun detailed wedding at The Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch!
We love Ashley's big bouquet, featuring peonies as Ashley's main flower, that The Barn girls arranged themselves, along with all the other flowers! The choices in colors complimented Ashley's lacy dress wonderfully!
The guestbook table set at the entrance of the ceremony really set the mood, with vintage inspired postcards for the guest to personalize to the Bride and Groom. The table also featured elements that were mimicked around the event to bring all the areas together!
Derrick is a big Mike’s Hard Lemonade Fan (it’s okay to laugh at him, Ashley does!), she had previously dubbed it “Mona’s”. The girls at the barn put together a “Mona’s Bar” that they filled with all different flavors of the drink. Believe it or not, it was a HUGE hit!
Ashley and Derrick's Wine Box Ceremony Arrangement
The Memorial chair for Derrick's mother, an important detail for Derrick on such a special day!
We love the mason jar arrangements hung around the event and featured on table tops.
Ashley and Derrick chose “Hey Pretty Girl” by Kip Moore to be played while the Bridesmaids and Bride walked down the aisle. Not “traditional”, but it really turned out great. It’s one of Ashley and Derrick's favorite songs, so it was important to them for it to be a big part of their wedding.
The guys wore white shirts and vests complete with very colorful socks, and the girls wore their own choice of sandals with a light and lacy dress to keep them cool.
The giant tree swing at The Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch made for some sweet portrait shots of the bride and groom!
With a fun, laid back atmosphere the guest enjoyed playing the corn hole and horseshoe games placed around the reception area!
The popcorn wagon was a fun rustic detail, who doesn't love popcorn?!
The wedding favors consisted of jars of Orange Blossom Honey that Ashley's mom wrapped in burlap and tied with baker’s twine. The Barn Girls made a “Honey for our Sweet Guests” sign as well.
Hand painted mason jars and matching wood table centerpieces create an elegant rustic theme for this "barn" wedding!
Ashley and Derrick both had very different tastes when it comes to cake, so instead of one gigantic cake they had four separate cakes all containing different flavors of cake, filling and icing.
Derrick was a huge fried pie lover, so they provided their guests with apple, peach, chocolate and coconut fried pies as opposed to a traditional groom’s cake.
- Bride’s Dress: Low’s Bridal, Brinkley, AR
- Bride’s Shoes: Arturo Chiang, Dillards, Little Rock, AR
- Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Dressbarn, Fayetteville, AR
- Bridesmaid’s Shoes: All the Bridesmaid’s provided their own comfy sandals for the ceremony
- Makeup Artist: Bride: Vspa, Russellville, AR Bridesmaids: Bliss Salon, Russellville, AR
- Hair / Salon: Bliss Salon, Russellville, AR
- Jewelry: The Bride’s jewelry was purchased from Low’s Bridal, Brinkley, AR
- Wedding Rings: Both his and hers came from Kay’s Jewelers, Fayetteville, AR
- Groom’s Tux: Mr. Tux, Fayetteville, AR
- Groomsmen Tuxes: Mr. Tux, Fayetteville, AR
- Cakes: The Cake Place, Russellville, AR
- Florist: The Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch, Yes.. They did all our amazing flowers themselves!
- Entertainment: Central Arkansas Entertainment
- Caterer: Fat Daddy’s BBQ, Russellville, AR
- Event Rentals: Everything was provided by the Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch
- Event Lighting: Everything was provided by the Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch
- Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas
- Event Planner: The Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch
Others: All the amazing décor you see was provided by the girls at the Barn at Twin Oaks Ranch-from our guest book consisting of vintage postcards and an old suitcase to the hand-painted mason jars.. It all came from the Barn!