Ali and Ben were married at Terry House Mansion in Downtown Little Rock, Arkansas. This southern wedding is full of personalized details. The theme of the day was vintage family picnic with yards games, soda pop, big sun hats, and wild flowers. Ali added many heartfelt family touches to her wedding day including the dress she wore with pieces of her great aunt’s wedding dress, grandmother’s wedding dress, and great-grandmother’s wedding dress. Ali also wore vintage necklaces and rings from other family members. So many wonderful details to this truly magnificent wedding.
Ben graduated from Harvard University and met Ali at the University of Chicago, where she graduated, when they first met. Ben is currently a high school teacher and Ali an archaeologist. Ali is a 6th generation Arkansan and comes from a preservation-minded family and wanted a venue that reflected the historic district neighborhood, city and state she is proud of and calls home.
Ali’s mom and friends made all of the flower arrangements, bouquets, and boutonnieres from her and other friends gardens. Ali’s bouquet has sprigs of rosemary for remembrance, orange and white roses, silver dusty miller, and ornamental kale.
Ali made the drink labels from real vintage 1920s – 1930s English labels, but changed the brands to a wedding theme and had them printed on waterproof stickers for the bottles of fruit juices and root beer.
Ali and Ben had brews from their home towns served during cocktail hour.
The wedding cake is by Blue Cake Company. Andie of Andie’s Specialty Sweets made the vintage-themed edible sugar buttons in pewter and marigold. Since Ali is an archaeologist, they cut the cake with a trowel! The cake topper was actually an arts and crafts project by Ali’s 8-year old niece!
- Wedding & Reception Venue: the Terry House Mansion, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Bride’s Dress: Proposals, Little Rock
- Makeup Artist: The bride and her friends did her hair and makeup
- Jewelry: Antique family pieces
- Wedding Rings: Brilliant Earth for bands, GreenKarat for engagement ring
- Cakes: Blue Cake Company, Little Rock, with edible vintage-themed sugar buttons by Andie’s Specialty Sweets, California (on etsy.com)
- Florist: Bride’s mom and her friends
- Entertainment: Lark in the Morning (Celtic Ozark Folk band from Little Rock) for pre-ceremony and ceremony music
- Caterer: Simply the Best, Little Rock
- Event Rentals: Confetti’s, Little Rock
- Event Lighting: Bylites, Little Rock
- Invitations: Bride
- Others: Fingerprint tree by Blue de Toi (on etsy.com)